Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Review of 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time'

Bah, I loved this book.

Having and having grown up around folks with learning (dis)abilities I feel as though this is so close to what someone with autism (and some aspergers) deal with it almost makes me wonder if Haddon doesn't have a touch of it or has family who does.

To those who were bothered by some of the repetition of his habits and explaining his 'likes' and 'dislikes', this is true to someone who has this disability and Haddon simply allowed Christopher to come to life.

I think this book is beautiful not only in all of the escapades that go on, but I because of the fact that it actually was as though it was the book Christopher wrote. I was beyond surprised to find the appendix at the end (even though I skimmed it as I have dyscalculia and cringe at anything math related lol).

Brilliantly well done, Haddon. Brilliantly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment